Friday June 8, 2007 - Karlsruhe - London - Edinburgh
Bridget flying to Edinburgh via London Stanstead on not one, but TWO budget airlines! I was not impressed with Ryanair (two hour delay, unprofessional staff, annoying ads blaring through the plane the whole time, etc), but was pleasantly surprised by Easyjet (hence this picture I took of myself below). There was another pic portraying my displeasure with Ryanair, but let's just say it was none too flattering and will not be appearing on the internet.

After my thirteen hour (!) journey from Germany to Scotland, I met up with Toby at our lovely B&B (he was working in Newcastle) and we went out exploring. Here we are on a double decker bus. Yay!
Saturday June 9, 2007Waiting for the bus. There is our B&B in the background.

I was so relaxed this trip I didn't do my usual mounds of research. I don't even know what that is behind Toby. It's pretty though. We did go up to the castle and enjoyed it. We even saw a wedding progress. Lots of kilts and bagpipes.

People chilling in the Princes Street Gardens. We join them later in the trip. How relaxed and un-Bridget like of me.

Haggis Sandwich and a Bulmers. Mmm... cider.

Toby on the Royal Mile

Grant's friends Sinead and Andrew knew all of the hot-spots and let us in on their secrets. Here we are being treated to excellent pizza and rude service at an Italian pizzeria. Oh Grant...

Are we gorgeous or what?

Sunday June 10, 2007
Taste of Edinburgh. Outrageously good (but expensive) food samples. Thanks for the tixs Sinead!

Laura and Grant managing to look silly and attractive at the same time.


We had to say good-bye to Toby who caught a train back to Newcastle.

Monday June 11, 2007
Laura and I did some shopping and had a delicious picnic lunch from Pret-a-Mange. Grant met us in Princes Street Gardens.

Went for a tour of Mary King's Close.
Edinburgh Castle at dusk
Mmmm.. Seafood.
Tuesday June 12, 2007 - Lake District & Chorley
Grant making fun of my coffee-plunging technique at the B&B. Amazing breakfasts.

Enormous poppies in the B&B gardens

I don't even have a comment for this. I think it speaks for itself.

Notice the startling accuracy of Grant and Laura's reenactment of this creepy picture.
Cool picture I took while driving through a crazy rainstorm on the way to the Lake District.
Fish and Chips at the Lake District.

Wednesday June 13 - Chorley
Laura and I at the grocery store. Little did I know it would be my last chance to quench my thirst for cider before the drought I am currently experiencing in Germany. Why no cider Germany? Why?

Waiting for our Indian takeaway. Why am I making that face? I don't know.
Thursday June 14th, 2007. Chorley - Dublin - KarlsruheHere I am all by my lonesome riding a tourist bus in Dublin. It was cold and rainy and I was on the top (which had no cover!). Still, I enjoyed myself.
Warming up with a Guiness and some soup. Mmmm..
So that's it folks. If you made it this far, congratulations on your perserverence. Next time: Adventures with an allen key. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment