Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Decemberists

(Picture "borrowed" from KEXP. Yes, I forgot my camera.)

Last night Kelly, Toby and I attended a concert. The band was The Decemberists from Portland, Oregon (click on the link to go to their website). Toby discovered them and introduced me to their music. I've grown quite fond of their CD The Crane Wife.

The venue was called "Substage" and it is an old pedestrian underground walkway (the kind that goes under a busy intersection) that has been converted into a club. The concert itself was fabulous. It was intimate, there was a great energy in the crowd, and the band sounded awesome live.

During the concert I had this little moment where I thought... huh... I live here. This is where I live. Germany. Karlsruhe. This is where I go to concerts now. It was weird. I guess these things sink in in stages. It was pretty cool to be able to take a 3 min tram to the concert and not have to worry about "all the traffic" afterwards. Gotta love that.

Anyway, check them out.


No comments: