Friday, September 7, 2007

Naked Spa #3

Toby and I got back from London late on Tuesday night. We had a FABULOUS time there and there will be pictures coming soon. All that sightseeing left us a bit tired and sore (5 world class museums + a tube strike = lots of walking). We knew just the place to work out the kinks and melt the tension: Vierortbad. This lovely little jem of a naked spa is located just a short five minute walk from our house! When we first discovered this we were beside ourselves with joy and a the first opportunity we had we gleefully skipped on down there only to discover that it was closed for the month of August. (We just happened to turn up the very first day it was closed). So last night we finally got our chance to check it out. It was fabulous. Especially since it only cost 5 euros each for 1.5 hours, which ended up being just the right amount of time. It was a bit crowed though. Obviously a lot of people utilize the spa to relax after a long day. We'll definitely be making it a once-a-week thing if we can.

This weekend we definitely need to recover from London and so will be laying low. The library's selection of DVD's was pretty measly today. It always is on Friday but I forgot. I ended up coming home with two discs of Star Trek: The Next Generation. (Which I'm actually really looking forward to since I LOVED this show when it ran every afternoon from 5:00-6:00 and I was about 12. Oh how I love you Jean Luc! And of course you too Data. Even you Worf, you crazy assed klingon you. I definitely wanted to BE the boobilicious, psychic and gorgeous Counselor Troy. Oh, and let's not forget sweet Geordie LeForge and my old flame Wesley Crusher. Weeeeee!!!!)

I am feeling a bit under the weather. And speaking of weather it has been cold and rainy here for the last few days and quite cold in our apartment. We haven't turned the heat on yet so it's been pretty cold in here too. The tile floor is mighty nippy in the morning. We're a bit concerned about what it may be like in the winter but are hoping that since we're on the top floor we'll catch the rising heat from the apartments below.

Ooohh... I almost forgot. I got my hair cut yesterday as well. I was pretty nervous about it for a while but ended up with a great hair dresser who did a fabulous job. As you may remember I found a website that let me "try on" different styles. Here's the picture I brought with me along with me and the cut I got.



Not bad huh? If my hair didn't have some natural curl to it the cut would have been pretty darn close. Thanks Yolanda!

I just finished reading Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris. It was hilarious as he always is. Love, love, love David Sedaris. I'm halfway through both The Diary of Anne Frank (we're considering a trip to Amsterdam so I thought it was time I finally read this) and Down Under by Bill Bryson (the library has every book he's ever written and I'm slowly working my way through them all). Anyone have a good book suggestion?

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hair! What is it with you guys and the naked factor?! Actually, never mind, I probably don't want to know...
I am amazed by how much travelling you are both doing. That's awesome. Now you just need to rest up for Oktoberfest...hope you are feeling better, Bridget!

Cheers,
Laura

Bridget said...

Ha ha. It's not so much the "naked" factor as the "relaxation" factor that we're after! Although we did discover the downside of going to a naked spa so close to home and that is seeing people from the naked spa as you go about your "normal" business. Awkward!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bridget,

Nice hair cut, you look great! How are you feeling? Love the Blog, good work. I'll be in touch soon, getting excited about Germany. Say hi to Toby.

Ciao,
Fran