Then, and this cannot be emphasized too strongly, I jogged for TWENTY MINUTES STRAIGHT. Yes, let that sink in. Twenty minutes straight. That might not be a lot of your marathon types and even to those who don't run, twenty minutes sounds like a warm up, right? Yet, if you had asked me at any time in my life prior to about two months ago if I EVER though I would voluntarily jog for twenty minutes straight I would have laughed so hard I would have choked on my own saliva and keeled over dead. So it is with great pleasure that I share this accomplishment with the world.
I have been really digging this whole Oprah/Eckhart Tolle webcast thing that's going on right now. This week they talked about (among other things) gratitude. And abundance. I can't tell you how powerful that was. The reminder to be grateful and mindful of the abundance in our lives. This was yesterday. Since then I've been noticing abundance in the most unexpected places. The raindrops on new leaves. The seads on a strawberry. And just now as I was stepping out of the shower I heard the longest continuous rumble of thunder that I think I've ever heard. I was so delighted and though to myself: what an abundance of thunder!
So now it's 6:08 PM and Toby's on his way home and I have a post to finish.
No comments:
Post a Comment