I haven't really done a lot these past few days. I was trying to stock the pantry for the holidays since we will be having visitors (my mom and dad and my sis and her fiance) which I am REALLY excited about, but also kind of nervous since I still don't feel truly at "home" in my home here and I want my family to feel at home here and to have a rockin Christmas in Germany.
Speaking of Christmas, it doesn't feel like Christmas to me yet. I am living in the land of Christmas. Christmas decorations went on sale at the beginning of October - the BEGINNING, and yet I just can't believe Christmas is only two weeks away. What am I saying, it's LESS THAN two weeks away! And, I don't want to admit this to myself, let alone the internet viewing public, but I actually MISS snow. I was trying to deny it, but it's true. I miss snow. I actually never really minded it that much, but I thought it would be refreshing to go a year without it. I'm sure everyone who strained their lower backs today shoveling are cursing me, but I don't care. I am a fan. I am a natural home body so of course I welcome and season that sanctions staying at home, in sweatpants, watching movies, making soup, baking bread and cookies and soaking in hot baths. I try to get away with it in the summer, but the goddam sun glares on the screen, I'm sweating in the sweatpants and hot baths don't have the same tingling effect. So, in effect, what I'm saying is, "winter, I miss you." There. I said it. Feel free to mock me about it next year when I'm back in Canada and miserable.
No comments:
Post a Comment