Friday, December 7, 2007

Sankt Nikolaus

I'm not sure if I spelled that right. Sankt Nikolaus comes in Germany on December 6th. Little boys and girls clean their shoes the night before and leave them out and if they have been good their shoes are filled with sweets in the night by Sankt Nik. I am obviously simplifying this because I don't know a whole lot about it. All I know is WE MISSED IT! Yah. Dec 5th came and went and we FORGOT TO PUT OUT OUR SHOES! DOH! So we have to wait until next year.

But... I did feel pretty special at the laundromat when someone handed me a chocolate santa. So that was nice.


Also, is there any danger associated with eating TOO MANY pomegranate seeds? I have been going a little nuts for the pomegranates lately. I saw one at the market the other day that was HUGE! It was waaaaayyy bigger than a softball. I could barely hold it in my hand. I tried to take a picture but it just doesn't show the true scale of this thing:


It has been rainy and cold here lately, but every once in a while the clouds break and the rain stops. I saw a gorgeous sunset the other day when I was out getting supplies (aka groceries).


Toby caught a cold this weekend and we have been holed up at home while he recuperates.

This weekend we are going to go for a sneak peak at the Christmas market. We don't want to overdo it before my family comes in a few weeks, so we'll just have one glass of glühwein... ok, two max.

Hope you have a good weekend too.

No comments: