Thursday, January 24, 2008

Last night of German class

One of the lessons I've learned though this crazy adventure of moving to Germany, is that, sometimes the lamest things come out of my mouth. I'm not talking major faux pas or anything. Just stupid stuff. I normally don't notice it because I am able get it out quickly enough and whomever I'm speaking to is generally kind enough to follow along. But here I struggle so much with what I'm saying that I have enough time to stop and think (as nonsensical grammar and discombobulated words are still coming out of my mouth): why am I even talking about this? I am boring. And not only that: in Germany I'm virtually incomprehensible! Perhaps I will come back to Canada a much more eloquent speaker. Then again, probably not. I've kept all of my random, boring thoughts to myself for so long it will take a while for them all to come tumbling out. Can't wait.

Anyway.

Tonight was my last German class and my German teacher took us all out for a drink. Very generous I think. Something I recommend my Canadian German teachers think about adopting (wink, wink).

Here is a picture of them.


I didn't inform them that I was putting this picture on the internet. What is the etiquette for that? Anyone have any comments?

I am probably going to sign up for another course, but this time in the afternoons five days per week. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: