Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Skiing in Innsbruck

This past weekend Toby and I were fortunate enough to get to go to skiing near Innsbruck. We had a fabulous time. Innsbruck was very charming, the snow was amazing, the sun was shining and we had a great day on the slopes!

We chose the hill Stubaier Gletscher which had a mix of runs, but mostly at the intermediate level which was perfect for me. Toby was of course, very patient with me as he is a very good skier (and I am not!). But I did OK. We both felt our muscles screaming in pain by the end of the day. Luckily I had done some research and we were able to hit up a naked spa in Innsbruck. It felt great after a long day of skiing.

We had such a good time in fact we were ready to head home after breakfast on Sunday. We went to the train station, spoke to the Austrian rail employee who could care the LEAST (about us, our question, our existence) but we managed to get on a train five minutes later and were home in the afternoon with time to relax and get ready for the week.

All in all, a really fabulous trip!

Friday January 18, 2008


Waiting for our connecting train in Munich, playing "guess what number I'm thinking of". (I guessed correctly once).


Innsbruck at night. We were trying to find the "Golden Roof" in the rain and ended up walking right under it a few times before finding it. Of course I forgot to take a picture.


The Sacher Torte man. I'll have some of that, if you don't mind sir.


We had a drink in a cute pub (mmmm... cider) before calling it a night.

Saturday January 19, 2008

We were up bright and early. We finally picked a ski hill (the advice was all so contradictory we had no idea). The rental place even picked us up. Here we are waiting for the ski hill bus and wondering if it was really going to come (contradictory information on that too. They're not that organized in Innsbruck when it comes to information).


The bus did indeed arrive right on schedule. We headed up to the mountains and out of the fog.


First glimpses of the mountains. Reminded us of home.


Snow! Pine trees!


We were once again stumped when we reached the hill as there seemed to be so many options to get up to the top. Not like most hills in Canada with one gondola and one lodge. We figured it out eventually.


Finally! Ready for our first run. What a view!



This is Toby's Austrian sexy skier pose.


This is mine.


Trying "Skiwasser" (pronounced Sheewasser). Raspberry syrup with sparkling water. Delicious!


Back on the slopes


The last run (my muscles were crying out for mercy!)


Beautiful sunset on the drive home. What a day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you see "Siiilllkkennn"??

What a fabulous day of skiing you had. Enjoy these amazing opportunities.

Val