We've finally settled down and spent some time around Karlsruhe, enjoying the nice weather and a bit of a slower pace. It's been a nice way to wind down from this fantastic year of activity and reflect on the big move!
Wednesday May 28, 2008
During the heat wave we experienced last week Toby and I took an evening stroll with an ice cream cone. We wandered over towards the zoo and were greeted to the eerie nighttime calls of the peacocks. It was startling and beautiful. This specimin was located high, high up in the branches of a tree above our heads. Without my glasses I couldn't see him, so it added to the ghostly quality.

Thursday May 29, 2008
One morning I got a call shortly after Toby had left for work. "Come down here! There are BAAAAYYYYYBEEEEES!" It was Toby. He had spotted the long awaited baby ducklings as he rode through the park to work and knew how I excited I would be. I got my butt down there as soon as I could to check them out for myself. Soooo cute! What a nice family portrait.
The protective momma.
Saturday May 31, 2008
We needed to vacate our apartment for a few hours on Saturday afternoon so our landlord could show it to prospective tenants. We started our afternoon of exile with a late breakfast at Wolfbräu. The beauty of a grapefruit raddler is it's breakfast appropriateness. Mmmmm...
Toby's perfect egg experience.
Then we dropped the laundry off and went for a walk. Is she giving one finger or two?
Wheeeeee!!!
Wheeeee?...
Then, to round out this day of relaxation and fun, we headed over to the zoo.
I challenged Toby to a game of giant checkers. He won!
Then we took a boat ride.

The fish know what's going on. They all swam up to the boat with their mouths open, hoping I would put something in. How about a fish hook, little guy?
The peacock we hear so often.
Hippos are crazy big.
This is a newborn giraffe. She sat perfectly still the entire time we were there. I couldn't believe it. She is my new meditation guru.
The poor polar bear always looks (justifiably) depressed.
Our view from a hill in the zoo, one of the highest points in the city.
And finally, apropos of nothing, a bun shaped like a soccer ball. The European Championships are coming up next week.






















No comments:
Post a Comment