Sunday May 18th, 2008
I thought I would start this post off with a special treat. Michelle, who does such a great job on-camera did a little tour of our apartment, which is now no longer recognizable as it was in this video since we've taken all the furniture apart. I am surprised at myself for not thinking of doing this myself, but then again when I see myself on film I have the uncontrollable urge to hit the delete button so it wouldn't have worked out anyway. AND as a bonus she taped the tour on Sunday morning during the Sunday Morning Church Bell Extravaganza! Enjoy.
And now on with the rest of the day...
A trip to Karlsruhe is NOT complete until you have visited the Schloss (Palace), which is smack dab in the middle of town. All roads lead to the schloss.
No guest has kicked off a trip to the Schloss with quite the same energy and enthusiasm as Michelle though. Hi-yah!

You can see that when taking this picture I was more interested in Michelle than the monument she was pointing to!
Squinty McComplainerson here was too busy squinting and complaining to smile for the picture.
We headed out on one of the wooded paths behind the Schloss for a nice little walk.
We found some educational displays in the woods. Here Andrea is knocking and I am listening. It sounds like a drum!
Taking a little break.
We decided to set up the camera and have a little fun. Here are the results.

If you click on these ones it will make them slightly larger and easier to see.
Michelle and Andrea were kind enough to indulge my year-long wish to go on the TRAIN! Yah. This is a miniature steam powered train that runs through the Schloss gardens.
The Schloss from the TRAIN!
What is it with the Germans and statues of animals doing it? I love it!

After this energetic fun-packed morning I collapsed on the couch. Andrea and Michelle kept on trucking and went to Heidelberg for the afternoon. They seemed to have a great time hiking up to the ruined castle and then hiking up the other side of the river valley to look at the schloss and drinking radlers afterwards to quench their thirst. Here's a picture they took at the castle. Gorgeous!
The next day Andy and Michelle headed out to visit Nürnburg, Munich, Dachau concentration camp, Neuschwanstein castle before meeting up with us in Konstanz on the Bodensee (or Lake Constance in English). Stay tuned for more fun and exciting updates of bike riding, church bell-tower climbing, pizza eating and more bike riding!
















No comments:
Post a Comment