Well actually, not moving day. Shipping day! Over a week now (I can't believe it!) the shipping company pulled up with their big truck. Inside was our tiny crate! It measured only 2.2 m x 1.2 m x 2 m, and yet everything fit!
Here is the "before" picture. We spent about a week disassembling and getting everything sorted and ready to go.


Here they are, the hard working shippers. They moved at a pace that one would need to see to believe. I could only get one to stop for a second to smile for the camera. The one on the right was all business, but then again he had the worst job - carrying everything down the stairs and loading it in! Yah, sucks to be him. I think it's sort of weird and hilarious that he is carrying my yoga blocks in the picture. What do they think when they're packing up stranger's things?
Half full. At this point everyone started getting worried that not everything would fit. And they'd already packed our "second tier" items. Oh no!
We took these pictures when they weren't looking.
Whew, everything fit. Actually there was room to squeeze a few more things in. We thought wildly: what can we buy?! If only I could have stuffed it full of German beer.
After. Kind of lonely looking isn't it?
This has been wiped clean now, but I'll always have the picture of our "guestbook".











No comments:
Post a Comment