Today I felt like I took one tiny step closer to becoming a "real" mom when I made Julian homemade playdough! As I child I was always thrilled when my mom made me a fresh batch of playdough (and I got to pick the colour!). The salty smell and the feeling of it when it dries on your hands when you've been playing with it a while really brought back happy memories!
I just finished reading an interesting post on toys from my favourite blog Cup of Jo. She is reading a book on simplicity parenting which recommends dramatically reducing your child's toys so that they do not become overwhelmed. I feel guilty about this because even though we have only been here for a month the amount of stuff I have accumulated for Julian is a bit ridiculous. Today I bought him a bucket of sand toys from costco for our upcoming beach trip. That, added to the new trike and the playdough and he kept bouncing from one activity to the other. He seemed overwhelmed. I will have to put some things away for a while and rotate them out. When we get home I am doing a BIG PURGE!

No comments:
Post a Comment