I don't have much to report for Thursday (sorry I'm behind on posting). We were out of the house a lot. We took Toby to work and went straight to the playground. It had rained really hard the night before so the playground was soaked. But Julian intrepidly got into the wet sandbox and was playing. Of course we were the only one's at the playground except for a man using a leaf blower to blow water off the pier at the lake (very noisy). Julian was very interested, but I thought it took away from the peaceful morning atmosphere I was hoping for at the park!
I realized I needed to change Julian's diaper so we walked a short way to the McDonalds and since we were there we each had an oatmeal. Julian has been getting much much pickier at meals which has been extremely frustrating. I recently heard about a book called "French Kids Eat Everything" which sounds king of interesting so I'm going to check it out.
I wanted to continue with our day and run some errands but to get to the car we had to go near the playground again so Julian ran off to play and I thought, OK, I guess we can stay a bit longer. A few more kids showed up at this point so we ended up staying for another hour! I had a nice chat with a nice mom, which is always enjoyable. Why are there such nice moms and then such cold, unfriendly ones? There doesn't seem to be anyone in between.
Julian LOVES it when there are other kids at the playground. He stops what he is doing and just watches them. From what I hear from other moms it's pretty typical for his age.
The rest of the day we ran errands, had a long nap. I bought tickets for an event called "Wine in the Woods" for when my parents are here next weekend. It's a wine tasting event at the outdoor concert venue near our house with music (a Dave Matthews Cover band! And a Lucinda Williams concert), food, merchandise booths, etc. Looking forward to it.
We also checked out a "remainder" bookstore called Daedalus Books but it was a bit of a bust. I didn't see any of the books I was hoping to see. I did pick up a book on potty training for five bucks just to start reading up on it.
Anyway, that's it. Nothing too exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment