Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 60 - The B & O Railroad Museum and Tea for Two

Today Opa and Julian had lots of bonding time.  My dad took Julian to the mall play area while my mom and I shopped.  Then this afternoon he took Julian to the B&O Railroad museum in Ellicott City.  The museum is housed in the oldest train station in the US (I think).  Ellicott city was the first terminus of the first commercial railroad (it started in Baltimore).  Opa was given permission to have whatever kind of snack or treat with Julian.  They choose ice-cream, juice AND cookies.  Julian must have been in heaven.  





While the guys bonded over trains my mom and I visited Tea on the Tiber for a lovely full tea experience including scones with clotted cream and lemon curd, tiny sandwiches, cake and petit fours.  Yummmm... then we did a bit of window shopping along main street in Ellicott City. 

Mom and I decked out for a "fancy" day out


Notice the ladies behind us in their hats.


Earl Grey - Classic

Raspberry Iced Tea & Lemonade




Antiquing and window shopping


To top off this already spectacular day, my parents babysat so we could go to the movies.  I chose The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel which I give two thumbs up.  Toby (who was one of two men in the theatre - he was worried) gives it one and half thumbs up.

No comments: