Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Days 29-30 - Centennial Park

Monday

Julian and I restocked the fridge and cleaned up for the cleaners (our place is cleaned every two weeks as part of the "executive rental" - awesome).  We came home from the store when they were working so we had cheese and crackers in the hall and then Julian wandered around the property finding sticks.  

That night we had Toby's coworker from Calgary, Andrew, over for dinner.  I tried a recipe from the new Looneyspoons collection, a meatless Mexican Lasagne.  It was what I had planned when Toby let me know that Andrew was in town visiting the office.  It was not bad, but not necessarily what I would have served a guest who's tastes I didn't know in advance.  Julian and I were at Trader Joe's again and we snacked on some of their herbed popcorn, so of course he didn't want to eat any dinner but happily entertained Andrew throughout the meal.








Tuesday

Julian and I went to Centennial park and walked around the lake.  Someone told me it was 2 miles around and that it should take 40 minutes to walk it.  Either I'm a much slower walker, or it was a bit more than that but it took me about an hour and 20 minutes (we did stop a few times) and it was hot and humid.  I felt like I overextended myself a bit and Julian was leaning out of his stroller the whole time trying to look back at the men with giant lawn-mowers maintaining the paths, or the joggers, dog walkers, etc.  But it was a beautiful walk and we saw a heron up close, a turtle, a red-winged black bird and the forest itself was lush and green.  

We tried to stop twice to stand at the water's edge so Julian could poke his stick into the lake but both times geese saw us there and made a beeline for us from the water.  They looked so menacing as they were marching up to us that I actually picked Julian up both times and walked quickly away.













After Julian's nap we went on the deck and made bubbles with his various bubble apparatuses.  Then we went to the playground and I bought him an strawberry popsicle and a hot dog.  So again, not the most nutritionally sound snacks and we were late getting home so he had oatmeal and a banana for dinner but at least he ate it.

Toby had a busy day walking around in a pipe-line.  I don't envy him that part of the job.  We should all sleep well tonight.























No comments: