Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 10 - Neighbourhood Egg Hunt

Not much to write about today.  Compared to the last few days it was tame and uneventful.  Just a trip to walmart, where we purchased a few more things for the apartment (we are really settling in now!) and a bunch more bubble paraphernalia.  I think I enjoy the bubbles even more than Julian.

This afternoon the administration team for the apartment complex hosted an easter egg hunt.  We were one of the first to arrive and the eggs were in plain sight and Julian didn't really get the concept of waiting.  They're all just right here, why can't I collect them?!  So I hid them again as he handed them to me!

Once the hunt began he was kind of over it (he had moved on to the juice and popcorn they were serving), but with some encouragement he found a few outside.

I also ran into Tina again today and enjoyed speaking with her.  It's nice to find another mom who you relate to.

Playing with trains that Uncle Kye sent.  He calls them his "cars".




Julian picking up eggs before the hunt



Once the hunt began he was a little slow to get going.  The big kids ran by and grabbed most of these before he got into it.



When Toby joined us: "Hi Dad, nice to see you but there are eggs down there."









Home from the egg hunt.  This is how we usually feel at this time every day.

Julian eating the contents of one of his eggs:

Bath time.  I gave him a bubble beard but by the time I got the camera he had wiped it off and into his mouth.








No comments: