Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 9 - Library story-time and a big, fat lip

We attended a baby sign language story-time at the library today.  It was a fun mix of songs and stories like a typical story-time but the instructor demonstrated the signs for various things as she went along.  They had bells, egg shakers and balls and scarves for them to play with which Julian seemed to enjoy.

I was chatting with a friendly woman at the library program and she said "are you Canadian?"  I was startled and she said, "I can hear your little accent".  My first reaction was "but I don't HAVE an accent"! I guess here I do! 

All was going well until we were about to get into the car and Julian tripped and fell face first onto the pavement!  He didn't even get his hands out to break his fall.  Ouch!  Oh I felt for him.  His mouth was bleeding and of course he was upset.  Even better, I rushed him back into the library bathroom to wash his mouth, just as all the other moms from story time were coming out, looking appropriately horrified.

I thought maybe he had chipped a tooth (always my worry when he falls like this) but he just seemed to have a cut lip.  He was more upset than usual though and kept crying off and on as I got him home and down for a nap.  

After a long nap he was doing much better so we attempted to go to a playground.  But once we got outside he saw two little kids his size and their caregivers so he made a beeline across the property to them.  I ended up chatting for a while with both, a grandma and a mom.  The mom, Tina, and I chatted for longer.  She was very kind and gave me the low-down on parks and other activities in the area.  Julian was in heaven interacting with her little boy as we chatted, so needless to say we didn't make it to the playground.

Toby couldn't get the work truck so we picked him up from work.  He was not feeling well at all.  Sounds like he's getting the flu.  I hope that he is feeling better tomorrow.

We have plans to go to Philadelphia this weekend.  We found a nice little suite on airbnb.com.  I hope it is as nice as the pictures make it look... and that Toby is feeling up to going by then.


The dog in the apartment downstairs.  The apartment above it has a baby that we have heard through the balcony screen door.  Every time we go by Julian mentions it.  "Dog. Baby" but he pronounces baby with a french accent - bébé

Trying to get him home after the incident.  It must have hurt pretty badly.  Poor guy.



Playing in the sunshine with a stick and some stones after we met Tina and her son Ethan.


No comments: