Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 2 - Toby starts work

Our first day in Columbia!!  

It was an early morning with the time change.  I was lucky enough to see three deer out the window just after I got up this morning!  A magical moment.  I found out later that there are lots of deer in the area.

We all dropped Toby off at work and got a tour of the Pure office.  Julian enjoyed running around near the dangerous stuff in the warehouse.

Julian and I used the GPS to get around.  It is a very wooded area so all the roads look the same - like a highway with trees on either side - so it's hard to get my bearings. We went to walmart to get things for the apartment like hangers, a hamper, salt, pepper, etc. and for Julian a ball and some balloons.

We were both exhausted and cranky (the walmart effect, it never fails) so we came back for Julian's nap and a rest for me too.  We ware able to Skype with Oma and Opa for a few minutes when Julian woke up. 

We picked Toby up at work and went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  I thought it was a fictional restaurant on the show The Big Bang Theory but it turns out it's just a real life boring chain.  We had a pretty good time and Julian kept Toby busy as he was in a booster not a high chair so he was up and down and grabbing cutlery, etc.  See the video below for the dancing.  We didn't order any cheesecake, which I am now regretting...

Then we went to "The Mall" aka the Columbia town centre, which is really just a mall, to get me a new cell phone plan.  We enjoyed the public space outside the mall as many Columbians seemed to also be doing.  The weather was lovely and mild, such a nice change from Calgary.

Back at home Julian enjoyed playing with a water balloon in the tub and his new bath crayons.  

I have no idea what we are going to do tomorrow!  I hope I can get out the nice camera and take some pictures of the lovely trees in bloom and explore our apartment complex.

My view out the window this morning!  There were three deer.

Julian and I having oatmeal and yogurt at Starbucks before our yucky trip to walmart.

Julian keeping busy at the Cheesecake Factory

Toby and I both had the biggest salads we've ever seen




This is outside The Mall.  I capitalize it because that is really what it's called.  The Mall.  Julian stopped to "talk" to this couple, who really seemed to enjoy him.  The people here seem quite friendly and chatty.

A statue outside The Mall

The moooooooon.

No comments: