Not much to write about today. It was cooler this morning but that didn't stop Julian from heading out onto the shady deck. After i took the picture below I made him put on his toque and jacket. We headed to the mall to look for some baby gifts and to look for a few things for us.
Eating oatmeal on the deck even though it was quite cold.
Just getting there was time consuming as Julian was enjoying playing along the way from the apartment door to the car. He is obsessed with keys right now and tries to stick our keys into every apartment door, the mail boxes, etc. Then we played with sidewalk chalk and then he jumped into the car to play.
Trying out the new sidewalk chalk.
"Bye mum" The story of my life.
He was in like a flash as soon as I opened the door.
Maybe he can chauffeur me around for a change
I tried to go without the GPS and made a wrong turn right away (darn it). So by the time we got to the mall I was a bit cranky and he was getting tired and hungry. I forgot the snacks in the car. We made a quick loop of the mall and took a ride on the carousel but I didn't get a picture of it. Julian seemed more stunned than having fun. Overall I find shopping with Julian too stressful as I can't really concentrate and I know he isn't having a good time in the stroller. So that was a bust. Oh well.
Next we went to Toby's work for a baby shower/Easter party and enjoyed talking to his coworkers.
The Mall had a weird Easter family singalong thing happening but the volume was so loud we didn't stop to listen. Julian got some ears and a plastic egg with a toy though. He wore his ears for about 2 seconds.
Toby's work baby shower for three colleagues. (Julian and I crashed it) Lots employees have babies and young kids.
Then back home for Julian's nap. I fell asleep for a while and awoke to some knocking on the door. I knew that someone would be coming by to bring a missing cutlery tray but when I went to open the door it wouldn't budge. It was unlocked and the handle would turn but the door was stuck. So a few frantic phone calls and within half an hour a repair person came and fixed the door. Phew.
After dinner we went on a nice walk around the complex and spoke to a few friendly people walking their dogs and gaggles of kids and found some picnic tables and a playground.
Our evening walk
The youngest of a group of five kids that we met on our walk. Julian did NOT want to leave them.
A nice lady walking her dog
Tonight we discovered all the shows that you can get on American Netflix so we are starting with Downton Abbey.
No comments:
Post a Comment