Today we slowed our pace down a bit in order to catch our breath and get some rest. Even so, Julian fell asleep in the car while we drove to the library, which should have been a two minute drive but I decided to try and go without the GPS and went in the completely wrong direction! But since he was asleep anyway I used the time to drive around the area by our house to try and get my bearings.
I was really impressed with the Howard County Main Library and since I'm interested in libraries could write a lot but I will spare you. So far though, it seems very modern, user friendly and they have almost daily drop-in programs for babies so I know we will be over there a lot.
Julian and I hung out at home and are figuring out our new routine. The table and chairs are not very kid friendly so I have been getting Julian to eat in the kitchen using the open dishwasher door as a place to store his food while he wanders out onto the balcony and back in while eating. We need to figure something else out but for now it is keeping the mess mostly contained.
We got groceries tho afternoon. I tried to push our cart full of groceries across the strip mall to the liquor store and crossed the invisible barrier that makes the cart seize up. Oops. Uh. How embarrassing. It was especially bad because I was pushing my infant and groceries to the LIQUOR store. But the people here have been so friendly and helpful and a man stopped to help me and offered to watch my groceries while I got the car. SO NICE. But just then a safeway employee offered to get the key to unlock the cart. So we did that instead. Oy vey.
Not sure what we're doing tomorrow. Probably a quiet day again before the big long weekend!
Julian checking the mail. Just another pizza flier.
Our building from the outside.
Many trees in bloom
Fell asleep while mom was driving around lost.
Julian got to sit in the front seat - something he has wanted to do for a long time but I wouldn't let him because I didn't want to open a can of worms. Well, the can is open. It will be hard keeping him out of there now that he's had a taste. It was pretty fun watching him joyfully pushing all the buttons and the look on his face when he turned the volume up really loud.
Julian's first stop at any library is the computers.
No comments:
Post a Comment