After a rather restless night (Julian didn't seem to be comfortable in the hotel crib) we were all up bright and early for our second day. I spent the day attending a talk by one of my favourite authors Byron Katie while Toby and Julian took on NY City for day two. I had a two hour break for lunch and I did get out to do some sightseeing, but I didn't have a camera so the pictures recap Toby and Julian's day together.
Trying to get Julian to eat oatmeal while sitting on the floor was a tad messy so we tried to continue breakfast in the stroller. Not that successful either.
Times Square
Toby and Julian stopped for a sandwich and ate it outside the NY Public Library
Grand Central Station
Julian's first subway ride
Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge
The financial district
The NY stock exchange
Ha! No one seemed worried about the fine.
Toby said there was a long lineup to get a picture with the bull sculpture
Here's the line
Toby and Julian went down to catch the Staten Island ferry so they could see the Statue of Liberty up close but they just missed one and after a long day Toby knew it was time to get home.
We all met up at the hotel at 5:00 PM and headed out to dinner. Julian had a giant plate of pancakes!
We hired a babysitter so that Toby and I could see NY city at night. We didn't think to arrange the babysitter with enough time to get tickets for a Broadway show but we enjoyed a walk down Broadway and then continued on to the High Line Park which was a real highlight. The park is built on abandoned elevated freight train tracks. Click the link to see pictures that do it justice.
The recliners have wheels and you can move them back and forth on the old rail lines.
After Toby's long day and a lot of walking we retired to the hotel bar for a drink before relieving the babysitter at 11:00. Another great day in NY City!
They are on the High Line, a park constructed on abandoned raised railway line. They were actually kicking everyone off at 10:00 PM but I really wanted to lie on one so I ran over just for a minute!
2 comments:
Looks like fun! Where are those recliners!
They are on the High Line, a park constructed on abandoned raised railway line. They were actually kicking everyone off at 10:00 PM but I really wanted to lie on one so I ran over just for a minute!
Post a Comment