I made a commitment to myself to try to write something every day but today I'm almost embarrassed to be posting since I have very little to report.
The day started off strangely. I was tired because Julian had woken up a few times in the night whimpering and crying quietly. This is not typical behaviour for him. So I had a hard time dragging myself out of bed and I guess so did Julian because our usual early riser didn't wake up until 9:00 AM! I was so worried that he was sick with a horrible fever or something that I set up a claim with our emergency travel health insurance company and got the address of the nearest hospital. But when he awoke he was only a little warm and acting pretty normally.
Except for not eating much, Julian was in good spirits so we took a trip to a local kids consignment store (a total bust as almost everything was new and expensive - no bargains). But Julian enjoyed "driving" in the parking lot of our place before we left AND when we got back.
I didn't know what would happen when I put him down for a nap so I waited and put him down a few hours later than usual. He fell asleep right away for almost three more hours. I'm sure he's fighting something.
We had a quiet afternoon at home and he seemed ready for bed only a few hours after his late nap so after a quick Skype with grandma and grandpa it was back to bed and he was asleep right away. I hope he is able to fight off whatever it is and we can still go to Philadelphia tomorrow. Fingers crossed...
I


No comments:
Post a Comment